Reviewing Your Website
Any successful business should have a clear and current website for their customers, in addition to potential customers, to visit to learn more about your business and what you do or sell. There is nothing more repelling than a business with a website that looks like it was made in 2000! Times have changed, and so should your website.
A great way to begin your website review is to ask a few select people, maybe friends, family or customers, to look over your site and write down what they think is working and what is not. This can give you insight into your site that you may not have been able to recognize on your own. After receiving input from your peers, you may want to do some research on other business’ that provide similar services to you. What do their sites look like? What kind of information do they provide?
Before and after reworking and revising your site, you can use this checklist to ensure that you have all of your bases covered.
Reviewing Your Website Checklist:
- Company mission is clear and consistent.
- Every page (including blog posts) is totally free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Information on services and products is up-to-date.
- Contact information is available and easy to find.
- Color scheme, images, and page format are current and pleasing to look at.
- Social networking connections are integrated throughout the site (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Blog posts are frequent with appropriate and quality imagery to accompany information.
- Mobile optimization is available for all pages.
- Domain name is renewed before expiration date.
- Domain name is clear and pertinent to your business.
- All content (e.g. images, music, graphics) is legally used, meaning copyright has been taken into consideration.
- Customer checkout is easy and secure.
- Security measures are in place to protect you and your customers.
With the help of this checklist, you will find your website optimized for peak performance, which will ultimately help you and your business grow!